Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gearing Up!


Every August for the past five years I've done something a little crazy. I've had a book sale. It benefits the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. It's crazy because I always forget how hot it is in August. Lugging those books around is back breaking work. Since I've been doing this so long, I have people who just drop books off at my parents house, where the sale is held. Often times they come home to find boxes and bags of books on their porch. It's a great thing.
We've actually been fortunate in that it hasn't been too hot on the actual sale day. It's just hot leading up to the sale, so working in the garage at my parents house to sort and box all of the books is steamy. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I've raised about $2,000 over the last four years. This year my goal is $500.
I'm fortunate that I have my sister to help out. She brings her husband and three kids too. I couldn't do it without them.
So, please, if you're in the area on Saturday, August 14, drop by the sale. Every penny raised goes towards a cure. The address is 37 Center Street, Weymouth. 9:00-2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment