Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Monday, May 30, 2011
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Today is Kelly's birthday. I think she wishes that it would just pass by without a word from anyone about it. Well, that's not my style. I'm thinking of hiring a plane to fly over her house with a banner that reads "Happy Birthday Doggie" (that's my nickname for her). But, planes are expensive to hire, so I thought I'd say it here....where it's free.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Saturday, May 21, 2011
- Why is there a hobo in my town carrying a Lululemon bag?
- Do all men who drive Corvettes have small...ahem?
- How come my jeans don't fit anymore?
Friday, May 20, 2011
- Get my nails done.
- Clean my house.
- Write a memoir.
- Wash the dishes in my sink.
- Get my cat groomed.
- Finish the laundry I stared earlier this week.
- Take a nap.
- Finally master PowerPoint.
- Buy milk.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
- New England Aquarium. We're dying to see (and touch) the new Shark & Ray Touch Tank.
- Buffy's pool
- Aunt Joan's lake house
- Our family cottage in Hull
- Riding the Go Karts at Starland
- And to repeat the day trips mentioned above.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
Kelly & I had the opportunity to attend the SITS Girls Bloggy Boot Camp at the Seaport Hotel in Boston this past Saturday. Tiffany and Francesca put together a great one day conference. It's now Monday and I'm still trying to sift through my notes and figure out what the first step we should take to get our blog to the next level.
Here are 5 things that we learned on Saturday:
1) You can never have too many business cards. Kelly thought she had plenty, but she quickly ran out.
2) Be prepared with a notebook. You'll be taking a lot of notes. The speakers are going to give you a lot of information. You'll want to take down as much as you can so you can refer back to it later.
3) Get a Social Media Kit together. If you want to work with brands you'll need to have something to give to the brand to let them know a little bit about you.
4) Remember the Mom Test. The internet is forever. Whatever you put on your blog be comfortable with the content if your Mom decides to read it.
5) Tiffany Romero is very pretty.
If you're a blogger and you have the opportunity to attend a Bloggy Boot Camp, I highly recommend it. You'll be so happy you did.