Sunday, January 1, 2012

Not Ready To Say Goodbye


One of my goals (no, not a resolution) for 2012 is to eat better. Healthier. You know, maybe don't have cookies for breakfast everyday. Cut it back to once or twice a week.

I'm not going to sit here and pronounce that I'm going to lose 20 lbs in two weeks because I'm going to work out for 6 hours a day and eat nothing but lettuce. That's not going to happen. You know and I know it.

What I'm going to do instead is to make better choices when it comes to food. I love veggies, I just need to eat more of them. And when I make a salad, I should probably make it a normal size and not one big enough to feed the whole town.

With all of this healthy eating that's going to be going on, I'm not sure about one thing. I don't think I can say goodbye to my friend:



Oh, how I love you! You make me so happy. Some nights when I'm driving home and I think of you waiting for me in my freezer, I get chills. I love having you in my home. I especially love when you're on sale. I hate it when you're not here.

Maybe we can still be friends? We'll just have to stop seeing so much of each other. Let's take a look at what you have to offer:
YIKES! 19 grams of fat per 1/2 cup. Hmm, I guess I'll just have to eat smaller amounts. But what's smaller than 1/2 a cup?! Jeez, you're making this really difficult. How about this: after dinner, I'll have 1 or 2, wait, make that 3 teaspoons. Well, better make it tablespoons. If I'm going to get up off the couch, I won't be doing it for 3 teaspoons.
How would that be? That would still be considered healthy, right?
Plus, my doctor told me that I need to have more calcium in my diet. Ice cream has calcium, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment