Thursday, April 19, 2012

Let's Talk About Poop

This is not a very ladylike post. So if you think I'm ladylike please stop reading right now. I'd hate to ruin the image you have of me.

Well, let's talk about it. We all do it. Yes, all of us. Even George Clooney. There are so many names for this completely natural thing that we do. I don't like to use the word "sh*t" for that. I think of that more like, "Oh sh*t, I lost my keys." Same thing with "crap."

Here are some of the popular terms used for this, very important, bodily function:

  • Poop
  • Poo
  • Doody
  • Turd
  • Feces
  • Droppings
  • Excrement
Here are some popular saying for the act itself. I'm not saying we use these around my house. But I'm not saying we don't either.


  • Dropping the kids off at the pool (or the abbreviation "droppin' em")
  • Evacuating
  • Eliminating
  • Laying some cable
  • Dropping a deuce
  • Pinching one off
  • Building a log cabin
  • Make a deposit
  • Coffee's kickin' in
Or some popular terms people use for passing gas:

  • Fart
  • Toot
  • The winds
  • Crop dusting
  • Stink bomb
  • Relieving pressure

What are some terms used around your house?


P.S. What's that smell?

No comments:

Post a Comment