I'm the one in the middle. I was super cool with my big hair, Gucci bag and white pumps.
I threw an 80's party a few years ago and it was so much fun.
I thought I'd share some tips on how to make an 80's party totally rad.
Start with the location. A lot of people love the 80's. You're sure to get a good crowd, so make sure you have enough space.
If you're doing it in a function hall, decorating is easy. Think fluorescent colors for the tables. Yellow, hot pink and bright blue will work well for tablecloths . For centerpieces I used a can of Aqua Net hairspray (available at Wal-Mart) and trivia questions scattered on each table.
Music is very important at an 80's party. You want to get a DJ who understands that you do, in fact, want to Wang Chung tonight.
I went to an 80's party this past weekend. It was a blast!
Apparently Kelly didn't get the memo that you were supposed to dress as if it was the 80's.
If you're attending the party as a guest, make sure you take a trip to Claire's. They have all the 80's accessories you could ever need: fingerless lace gloves, giant hoop earrings, bright colored sunglasses, leg warmers, banana clips, etc.
If you're like me, you're hopelessly stuck in the 80's. Here are some warning signs:
- You need a shopping cart to carry your personal stereo with you
- You watch NYPD Blue thinking, "Well, they're no Crockett & Tubbs, that's for sure."
- You want to live "in the valley"
- Your bangs are teased perfectly to 7 inches above the rest of your hair.
- You have multi-colored earrings that touch your shoulders
- You're still bitter that WHAM broke up
- You have a tendency to turn up the collar of your polo shirts
- You never go out for a night on the town without frosted blue eye shadow
- People are constantly gagging you with spoons
- You still watch things on Beta tapes.
If you're a fan of the 80's, try your hand at these trivia questions. If you know the answers, leave them in the comment section:
- Where did Ronald take Cindy on their last date together in the movie "Can't Buy Me Love?"
- In the movie "Grease 2" what does Stephanie want in a boyfriend?
- What was the name of the detective agency on "Moonlighting?"
- Can you name the 5 original VJ's on MTV?
- What was the full name of Magnum PI?
- In "Dirty Dancing" what was Baby's real name?
- What was the name of the tv show where Tom Hanks dressed as a woman?
- In "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" what is the principal's name?
- In National Lampoon's "Vacation" where were the Griswold's headed on their cross-country trip?
- In the movie "Sixteen Candles" what was the name of the exchange student?
Thanks for hopping into my Delorean with me for this trip back in time.