Friday, May 18, 2012

Hit the Sink

A couple of weeks ago I stopped at a "spa" to get a last minute eyebrow wax. Yes gentlemen, it takes a lot of pain and effort to be a woman.  But, I digress. This "spa" was also a nail salon; you know, the kind where you don't need an appointment. You can walk in as they're locking the door and ask for a pedicure and they're happy to oblige.

Anyway, I decided I was tired of the "two caterpillars fighting above my eyes" look, so I stopped in. I asked if anyone had time to do a brow wax and they guy behind the counter said, "sure." Within seconds I was whisked to a room out back and asked to lie down on a table that was covered with a dirty sheet. The woman who walked me to the room talked to me for a minute and then went to work on the wooly mammoths living above my eyes. As she was pouring hot wax on my face it occurred to me, 'this chick never washed her hands!'

Photo credit: CDC.gov

I was instantly skeeved out (is skeeved even a word? I think it is because I use it all the time). What the heck? Take the 45 seconds to wash your filthy hands. I have no idea what she was doing before this but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with someone else's feet. What is wrong with people? I think I wash my hands about 50 times a day. If I even touch money for a second, I'm off to the sink. I keep wipes in my car for those times that I go to the drive-thru and hand them dollar bills. Ick! That money could have been in a strippers g-string the night before. Oh my God, the woman who did my eyebrows could have just clipped someone's toenails and then handled money and then touched my face. GROSS!

Well, I'm off to take a Silkwood shower. After that I might boil my skin. Then I'll dip my entire body in Purell.

Moral of this rant: wash your hands people.




No comments:

Post a Comment