Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Book Sale This Saturday 8/13


I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me talk/write about my book sale. Sorry about that, but there's a reason for it. This year I'm directing the funds to a different charity and I'd really like to give them as much money as possible. I need your support to do that.

This year the proceeds from the sale are going to the Cancer Center at South Shore Hospital. I had a chance to tour the center recently and let me tell you, it's quite a place. The first thing that hits you when you walk in is the serene atmosphere. There is no sterile, yucky hospital smell. It just smells, well, like nothing. And that's a good thing. People with cancer don't need to be smelling harsh chemicals or overly floral scents.

The second thing that hits you is the beauty of the building. There are fireplaces in two of the waiting rooms and a couple of beautiful outdoor seating areas. There is also a healing garden that is very peaceful. Cancer is not a pretty disease. You should at least have a pretty place to get treated.

They treat most cancers there and what a relief it is for people on the South Shore to not have to drive into Boston to receive treatment.


If you, or a loved one has been touched by cancer (and who among us hasn't?) I invite you to come by on Saturday, buy some books, make a donation or just share your story.

If you have children, bring them too. We have SO MANY children's books. They're $5 a bag. Fill the bag with as much as you want. Heck, fill two bags. This is also a great for teachers. They can fill their classrooms with books for a small donation.


*NEW THIS YEAR*

Spend (or donate) $20 or more and receive this adorable gift bag filled with goodies.

It is so cute, I promise you'll love it.


Hope to see you Saturday!

37 Center Street
Weymouth, MA
9:00-1:00




No comments:

Post a Comment