Friday, March 30, 2012

Loopy Speak

I'm fortunate in the fact that I have acquired many friends in my 26 years (oops, I mean 41). Each of these friends has their own vernacular. I have adopted some of them as my own. Others I have invented. Here's a little cheat sheet for you:

My current favorite sayings:

  • Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
  • Who's that fool?
  • Goddamn doofus (from my friends Jen & Ivan)
  • Beagle (a term for someone who isn't being smart, also known as a Goddamn Doofus)
  • I don't give a care
  • Who are those hooligans?
  • A nap isn't going to take itself
  • Goody gumdrops

Some favorites that friends have used:

"A buffet is a friend to no one." Alease
"Martinis are like boobs, one is not enough, but three is too many." Lizzie
"Homely as a bag of cats." Michelle
"The numbers don't lie." John
"I need my eyebrows waxed, they look like two caterpillars fighting above my eyes." Kelly L.

Here are some acronyms that I enjoy using:

LLPOF-Liar, liar pants on fire
LGN-Loser going nowhere
BCD-Behind closed doors


And one of my all-time favorites:

"My underwear is fighting a losing battle with my ass today."


How about you? Do you have any favorite sayings?

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha!! I love goody gum drops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. My neighbor thinks it's hysterical when I answer something she says with "The hell you say" She's Puerto Rican.. maybe that's why it's funny to her?

    You crack me up. That is all.

    ReplyDelete