Sunday, December 16, 2012

An Evening at Wahlburgers





Recently,  I had the pleasure of getting some local bloggers together for a menu sampling at Wahlburgers in the Hingham Shipyard. Since I eat there about once a month (ahem, or maybe 3-4 times a month), I thought I knew what to expect. Boy, was I wrong. You see, I'm not a very adventurous eater. Once I find something on a menu that I like, I tend to stick to that one item. This was a great opportunity to try different things. I'm so glad I did.

My ultimate favorite is still the Our Burger. My new second favorite is The Melt. I never would have tried the Melt if it wasn't for this tasting. I pretty much love anything with a nice, juicy burger in it.  What can I say, I'm a total carnivore.

They started us off with the salads. This is the Seared Fall Chicken salad. Holy yumminess! It is so good. It has a ton of my favorite things in there: roasted butternut squash, sun dried cranberries, toasted walnuts. And, of course, chicken. All atop some healthy mixed greens. The cranberry vinaigrette that they serve with it is delicious.

The other two salads are the BBQ Toss and a Chicken Caesar. Both are yummy. If you want something unique and tasty, try the BBQ Toss. That's a favorite of Paul and CEO Rick. It's mixed greens, red onion, bacon, caramelized onion, and house made BBQ sauce with your choice of chicken or beef patty. Sweet meets savory.


Next up were the burgers. Oh yeah, come to mama! The Our Burger is their signature burger with "government" cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and wahl sauce. Oh and house made pickles. Yes, they MAKE their pickles there. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Delish!




While we were there, chef (and owner), Paul Wahlberg took the time to talk to us about the menu both at Wahlburgers and across the way at (his other restaurant) Alma Nove. It's clear that he has a passion for cooking and wants everyone to enjoy what they eat. He won't put an item on the menu if the recipe isn't perfect. He also regaled us with stories of growing up in a big family in Dorchester. Sure Mark strutted around in his Calvin Klein undies and Donnie was part of NKOTB, but Paul can cook a gourmet meal..that's way better if you ask me.


I could go on and on about all the wonderful things that they have to offer, but you really should check it out yourself. You'll be glad you did!


I was invited to enjoy a complimentary tasting at Wahlburgers. All opinions are 100% my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment