Today my nephew, Bryce, turns 16. This is a milestone. He's the oldest grandson/nephew in the family. Since he also reads my blog religiously, I thought I'd give him a shout-out.
In honor of your birthday I wanted to share a few things with you that you might not know.
- When your Mom was a few months pregnant with you we took a trip to Sanibel Island, Florida. As Mom and I were swimming in the pool we decided to play a game of "who can hold their breath the longest." She won the first couple of games before we realized that it probably wasn't a good idea to withhold oxygen from the fetus (you). Sorry about that.
- Mom gained A LOT of weight when she was pregnant with you. I mean A LOT. We're talking 'outgrown your maternity clothes' a lot.
- You were born with a full head of hair. I don't think you ever lost a strand of it.
- A few days after you got home from the hospital your big sister couldn't keep her hands off of you. Mom had to yell at her, which prompted her to grab her Barbie guitar and make up a song. It went like this: "I don't like my mother, she's so mean. Oh Bryce-ee, oh Bryce-ee cockadoodledoo." I'm surprised it never made it to the Billboard charts.
- I fell madly in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you.
I was going to use this post to list all of the things I love about you, but there are just too many.
I wish you nothing but happiness as you continue your journey into adulthood.
P.S. Here are some pictures of you that I love.