Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Family Secret

You guys, I've struggled with telling you this one. I wasn't sure if it was too private. After all, I'm not even sure my siblings know about the secret that I'm about to reveal.

One of my Fossils doesn't know how to use Caller ID. (I'll give you a hint: she's a female.)

There, I said it. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I've been carrying that secret around for a while now.

You see, I became knowledgeable about the situation a few weeks ago.

It went down like this:

I was at my desk at work and she called.

"Did you just call here (the house phone)?"

"No. Why?"

"Well, I was in the yard and the phone rang. I didn't get to it in time though."

"Did you check the Caller ID?"

Dead silence.


Now, she knows how to look at the Caller ID when the phone is ringing. She just has no idea how to retrieve the information once the phone has stopped ringing.


I'm telling you this as a public service. Check with your own Fossils. See if they know how to operate perplexing home appliances, like the telephone. You'll be surprised what you find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment