Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Ridiculous Bedtime Routine

If you have children, you know that bedtime can be a challenge. With the whole, "I  need a drink of water" "I have to go potty" business.  I took a long, hard look at my own bedtime routine. And it's pretty ridiculous.

It goes a little something like this:


  • Pee
  • Shower
  • Pee again (when I get out of the shower, of course)
  • Brush, floss, mouthwash
  • Pee again
  • Have a drink of water
  • Climb into bed
  • Turn on the fan
  • Put lotion on my feet and hands. Put socks on
  • Apply lip balm
  • Blow my nose
  • Put my CPAP mask on
  • Realize that I have to pee again
  • Pee
  • Have another drink of water on my way back to bed
  • Climb back into bed
  • Reapply lip balm
  • Blow my nose again
  • Put CPAP back on
  • Watch an entire episode of "Golden Girls"
  • Pee one last time
  • Off to sleep  
The whole process only takes about 5-6 hours. Now, who wants me to sleep over? 


1 comment:

  1. LOL, you should start around 5 pm and then you will get to bed at a decent time.

    ReplyDelete