Sunday, January 31, 2010

Giving Back


One of the charities that I enjoy giving to is Cradles to Crayons based in Quincy, MA. They held a drive in Weymouth recently at the local high school. I was glad that it was so close, as it saved me a trip to Quincy to drop items off. This charity is all about giving to local children and families. They only take gently used items and they appreciate things that are new. Their philosophy is that these children get enough "junk", they deserve something new or nearly new. Two of the items that they are always in need of are socks and underwear.





These items must be new, for obvious reasons. Whenever I see them for a decent price, I pick them up and stash them away in my "giving inventory". January is a great time to pick these items up as they are usually on clearance. If you're looking to get more involved, they are always looking for volunteers in their "giving factory" located in Quincy. In some cases, you can even bring your (elementary age and older) children.




Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment