Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Healthy Habits Kitchen


Calling all busy Moms! That's all of you, right?

Recently, I attended an event at Healthy Habits Kitchen in Wellesley. I've been to these type of 'make and take' places before and I have always liked them. The thing that really impressed me about HHK was the quality of their ingredients. They use 90% lean hamburger and Belle & Evans chicken.


Owner Sue Schochet was wonderful as she explained what they do at HHK. Another thing that I really liked about them was that you can make the meals yourself, or you can call up and order them, then pick them up OR have them delivered! Can you imagine having a healthy, tasty meal delivered to your door. All you have to do it cook it. How great would that be?

I was excited to attend the party because I was able to meet other bloggers.
My new blogging friends (l to r): Me, Cindy from Isis Parenting, Sharon from The Life of Reilly, Kami from The Fence, Sharon from Umommy and Sue from HHK. Missing from the photo (because she was king enough to take the photo) was Charlene of Charlene Chronicles.

Sue from HHK was kind enough to let us take home (or make) a meal of our choice. I chose Butternut Squash Lasagna. It was a tray large enough to feed six people. I brought the lasagna to my sister's house to share with her and her family. My sister, her husband and I all liked it. The children did not. Keep in mind, these kids like plain pasta.

I would definitely recommend Healthy Habits Kitchen. It's great for busy families that still want healthy meals.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. The event was free and I was given a meal to take home. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment