Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Sunday Drive With The Fossils

Today, the family had to attend a wake and I decided to drive with the Fossils. When I go somewhere with them, my dad drives, I ride shotgun (I get car sick in the back seat) and my mom sits in the back seat. Let me give you a little glimpse into what I go through on these drives:

Big Guy: "Look, what's that a tree over there?" The car veers and swerves towards the tree and I feel a little of my lunch coming back up.

Mom: "Three O one!" She shouts gas prices from the back seat.

Big Guy: "I'm going to turn on the game and see what the score is." He turns the volume to about 100.

Mom: "Three O seven!"

Big Guy: "Look at that house. What color is that...white?" The car veers toward the white house. I feel my mouth fill with water.

Mom: "Three O nine!"

Meanwhile, the Big Guy has the heat on 72 (they keep their house at a toasty 60 degrees) and the windows are starting to fog up.

I'm shocked that I didn't get sick.

Mom: "Three fifteen!"

4 comments:

  1. That's just too stinkin' funny. You should be ashamed of yourself for calling them fossils.. even if it does make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my dear daddy fossil, rest his soul. He would have liked your mom. HILARIOUS STUFF.

    ReplyDelete