Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Vault


The Vault is a group of friends that worked together once upon a time. People always ask us where the name came from. Well, I'll tell you; when we worked together, we would acquire lots of office gossip and we'd usually be the first to know all of the office goings-on. When we would share this news with one of us we would say "Vault it." That meant that we were only to tell the other members of the Vault and no one else. It was a very effective system.
Here's a recent photo of The Vault:


The Vault started out as six women but we had to phase one of the gals out. She was just a negative person with a rather large chip on her shoulder and she really brought the group down. We're a pretty upbeat, happy bunch. We don't have any room for negativity. So, "Operation Phase Out" began. Of course, the person who was being phased out reached out to the nicest one in our group (or as we called her during "OPO" The Weakest Link). She felt bad for the phased out girl and invited her to her wedding. Well, she went to the wedding with her dud of a boyfriend, sat in a corner all night, didn't talk to anyone, and here's the kicker: she didn't bring a gift! Not even a card! That pretty much completed Operation Phase Out.
I love hanging out with these women. They're all incredibly smart and beautiful, inside and out. They are all moms who work full-time. I'm in awe of each and every one of them.

They also make me laugh. They have some great one-liners. Here are a few that I've heard recently from this group:

On going to a buffet, "A buffet is a friend to no one."
On being hungover, "There was a little hitch in my giddy-up"
When someone is unattractive, "They're homely as a bag of cats"
When you want someone to leave, "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya"

We also have some unique, Vault dance moves. And nicknames for most of the people that we once worked with.

I love these women. I feel so blessed that I've had them in my life for the past 10 years.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I was always big on gossip when I worked outside the home, too. People always knew that when something happened, I always had the scoop. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete