Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pilgrimage to the Holy Land


I went to one of my places of worship today.


Check it out, it was practically empty.

I made my usual first stop, which is Gap Outlet. I found this shirt for $4.99. It looked okay, until I turned around. Yeah, no. I think I'd be better off putting a sign on my back that reads "Wide Load".


I also found this sweater for $19.99. It also looked blah on me.
Strike out, so far. Oh well, off to my next stop:

Now, this is an outlet that I don't understand. All of the shoes/boots in here are the exact same price as any regular store. What the heck?! It's an OUTLET. They do have one little, itty, bitty, tiny clearance section at the back of the store. Today it had six pairs of shoes in it, all in size 10.
I saw these there.
I like pink as much as the next gal, but these are a bit much. Maybe we'll be seeing them on that clearance rack before long.
I walked out of Ugg empty-handed as well.

I headed on over to White House, Black Market to have a look. I loved this store when it first became popular. Then they started making their clothes polyester and rayon. Not that there's anything wrong with poly and rayon, but I'm not paying $88 for a rayon top. I'm just not doing it (picture a stern look on my face as I'm saying that).
I did find this strapless top (100% cotton) for $14.99. A great price and a cute top, but they didn't have my size. Rats!
Again, I walked out empty-handed.
Then I thought, "hmm, maybe I'll take a quick peak into Arden B."
Feast your eyes on these beauties!



A thought suddenly occurred to me as I was in that store. "Wait a minute, I'm not 18. And I don't go clubbing. And I'm not a floozy. Maybe there's some other, more appropriate attire in here for someone my age." I found it! Jeans with a full elastic waist. What could be better?
I'll tell you what could be better? Seeing the price tag on these babies.

After I talked myself out of getting the mom jeans I headed over to American Apparel. I read somewhere that they were changing the whole look of their stores. They must be waiting on that because it was exactly the same. Is this a joke?


I had my eye on this sweet, shiny black jacket.
Then I saw that it came in gold. It's my lucky day!

I should have bought this gold dress. I could have worn it with the cool gold jacket. I would be lookin' fine in all that gold.



At this point you're probably wondering what I ended up buying. Well, I couldn't go to the outlets without stopping in the best, most magical place on earth..

I spent the entire morning shopping. I think I went into 30 stores. This is what I came home with.


Thanks for reading this really long post. I'm tired now.

No comments:

Post a Comment