Monday, December 20, 2010

10 Minutes of My Life That I'll Never Get Back


The other day I was hangin' at my parents house (aka The Fossil's). They bought some recordable gift cards for my nephews and niece in Texas and they needed help with them.

Since you can only record one message they had to think of something to say together. I wrote a script for them, it read: "Hi (child's name), it's Mere & Grampy. Merry Christmas. We love you!" Simple, right? My dad decided to ad-lib. He added "buy anything you want" at the end. Well, I had already let go of the record button, so it came out as "buy anyth". I said to him, "easy Old Man, no ad-libbing!"

On the second gift card, I said, "okay, here we go" and pressed the record button. They both looked at me with blank stares. I said, "uh hello". They said, "you didn't say 1, 2, 3, go". UGH! Fossils, they're precious, aren't they?

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I could write a book on the things my parents do that make me laugh/roll my eyes.

    ReplyDelete