Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Parents Called Me Fat Today

They didn't actually use the "f" word. I believe they said "chunky". As if that's somehow better. I can't understand it. Hold on, my bag of chips just fell off my lap. Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, the fat comment. It reminded me of the time that I was in Florida with my parents (aka The Fossils) a few years ago. I emerged from my room in a bikini to head to the pool. My dad asked "are you sure you should wear that with all your hangy-over things?" I believe he was referring to my muffin top. I stormed out of the condo in a huff, wearing my bikini proudly. I grabbed a bag of Tostitos on my way out the door.
In my defense, I'm wearing yoga pants today. They make everyone look fat, right? Right? Hmm, all I hear is crickets.
Perhaps I should think about eating better and exercising more. I can't do it right now though because I just put some brownies in the oven.

4 comments:

  1. At this point, you might as well wait until January 1st before putting down the bag o' chips. That's my strategy, anyway. For the next 4 weeks I'm going to eat every Christmas cookie in my path ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga pants are cool so therefore you are cool and not "f".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up. You're not fat, yoga pants DO make everyone look fat, except those really skinny women who I don't associate with. I can't be friends with them.
    Embrace the yoga pants, chips and brownies until the first of the year. That's when I intend to try to lose those hangy-over things.

    ReplyDelete