Tuesday, October 19, 2010

20,000 A MONTH?!

Recently I was invited (and subsequently uninvited) to an event for bloggers and members of the press. I was so excited. This was the first event that I'd been invited to as a blogger. I sent in my enthusiastic "yes" response, only to be sent an email in return saying that I had to have at least 20,000 readers per month to be eligible. 20,000! Are you kidding me? I have 2 readers a month (you know who you are). I was thinking...maybe if my two readers each got a few thousand friends to join Being Loopy, I could be re-invited.
You know what? I don't want to go to their stupid, smelly, no good, dumb party anyway. I'm happy with my 2 readers. As long as they enjoying reading about my boring life, I'm good. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thank you and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Surely there are more than two! You know there are lurkers!
    20,000 per month? That's crazy. Does PW even have that many?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, maybe I have three!
    I don't know anyone who has that many. PW might, she has a very large following.

    ReplyDelete