Sunday, October 3, 2010

MSABC


Today was the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.



This was the 17th year for the walk here in Boston. I've done just about every walk for the past 17 years.
Here's my team from 2002.

For the past few years I've walked with my dad and another couple. I've known this couple for many, many years. Their names are Mr. and Mrs. Jones, but since I'm almost 40, I get to call them by their first names.

Here's my team today:

The walk is a beautiful six miles around the Charles. It's a little chilly at 7:30 in the morning, but the walk quickly warms us up.
Here's a shot of my Dad and I at the finish line.

He insists on wearing his favorite hat. It's a "hair hat" that one of his friends bought him in Florida. My dad has been bald since he was in his 20's.
Does anyone else have embarrassing parents like this?

Last year I was lucky enough to be featured in the local paper about my participation in the walk. Click here to see the article.

I look forward to this day every year. I also look forward to it being over.

Ahh, now time to rest.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! What a wonderful way to spend the day.
    By the way, I tagged you in my blog. No pressure, just fun stuff if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete