Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Am I A Cougar?


Since I'm going to be 40 in 119 days (don't worry, still plenty of time to shop for my gift), a thought occurred to me...am I a cougar?

I posed this question to women of all ages and the general consensus is that a cougar is someone over 40. According to Wikipedia, it's a woman over 30. Hmmm, that's quite a difference.
I must tell you that when I hear the word "cougar" it conjures up images of a woman pushing 50, wearing a push-up bra, too tight pants and a leopard print top. She also has a cigarette hanging out the side of her mouth and she's swiggin' beer from a bottle. Aside from the too tight pants (not on purpose, I've just put on weight), I'm not that woman.
Besides, isn't a cougar also a woman who trolls the bars looking for younger men. The last time I trolled a bar was....well, I've never trolled. I'm not a troller. When I go out, it's to have dinner or see a movie with friends. All of my friends are moms. They're just grateful for a night out of the house! I must admit, I think dinner and/or a movie is a perfect night out.
So tell me, what are your thoughts on cougars? Do you know any? Are you one? Am I one?

2 comments:

  1. I agree! A dinner and a movie is a wonderful evening.
    I have been married to V for 22 years , so I am not a troller either! ( :
    Get this... last week I went and visited our oldest son as college and took him out to dinner..we sat at the bar while we waited for a table, and the lady sitting next to us thought we were a couple!!! I said..." i'm not a cougar! hahahahaaahhahaaah! full disclosure- she seemed to have had a few.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete