Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bake Sale, Beauty and Bargains!



Today was a glorious day. Not only weather-wise. It was a day of taking my time and not rushing from one thing to the next.
My first stop today was a bake sale hosted by the lovely Coupon Goddess (aka Melanie). She was holding this bake sale for a friends daughter who is suffering from cancer.

If you missed it, fear not, she's having it again next Sunday. It will take place at Shaw's, 20 Pilgrim Hill Road in Plymouth, 9:00-2:00.


Melanie and her friends made all of the yummy treats offered. I dropped off a few things that my sister and I made. I also dropped off some gorgeous cookies that our friend Sues made. Dang it, I forgot to get a picture of Sue's cookies. Oh wait, here's one of some cookies that she made recently. Don't they look amazing!

My next stop was (my sister) Kelly's. We were picking up a friend of hers and heading to an open house at Tranquil Escape Day Spa in Brockton.


The three of us have been there before but the spa is under new ownership and they wanted to get people in there. With the promise of a gift bag, I was there.
I wish I could hang out there all day. Everything looked so inviting.
The pedicure chairs:

The dining room (this is where you have lunch when you have a day of beauty):

And the massage room:




They even have a room named "The Tranquility Room." With a fireplace and soft lighting, it is tranquil indeed.


Once I got my gift bag, I hightailed it out of there. I had places to be, like Derby Street Shoppes. I was in the mood to find some bargains. And find some bargains, I did.

My first stop was J. Crew. Now, I love the clothes in J. Crew, but I can't afford them. Plain and simple. I always make a bee line for their clearance rack when I go there. Today I was pleasantly surprised. They were rockin' some pretty good markdowns.

This pretty little shirt was on clearance for $19.99 from $79.50. This would be a great "going out" shirt:

I fell in love with this shirt. It's long enough that it would look great with leggings. It's made from the softest cotton imaginable. This one was also $19.99

This cute little tank would be great for layering. It's a nice cotton that hugs in all the right places. It was also priced at $19.99.


This t-shirt was cute too. It's a great little wardrobe staple. It was only $9.99

Next up was Ann Taylor Loft. Are they still using the Ann Taylor name or are they just Loft? I'll have to look into that.
They were having a great sale; 40% off all clearance items.
This adorable shirt was marked down to $19.99. It was an additional 40% off. That's the kind of math I like.

This shirt was marked down to $6.88 plus the additional 40% off.
Now, I'm not really sure what this shirt is all about but it was on sale, so I thought I'd show it to you. It was $9.88 plus 40% off.
And finally this tank top. This would look cute under a sweater. It was also marked down to $9.88.
Well, that was my fun-filled, relaxing Sunday. I hope yours was a good one too!

1 comment: