Friday, October 1, 2010

Only 145 Days Left


I only have 145 days left of being in my 30's. In 146 days, I'll be 40!

The clock is ticking.

I have so many things I'd like to do before I turn 40, like:

  • Climb Mount Everest
  • Find the "real killer" in the O.J. case
  • Get George Clooney to return my calls
  • Lose 40 pounds
  • Join a gym
  • Find out where these gym things are
  • Finally master PowerPoint
  • Give up my nap(s)
  • Go (indoor) skydiving
  • Have 2.5 kids
  • Learn how to run ten feet without barfing up a lung

I picture myself waking up on my 40th birthday with an abundance of chin hair, an AARP card in my mailbox, a closet full of mom jeans and my radio tuned to the classical station. When you're 40 you have to be a grown up. You have to watch grown up shows on television. You have to sit at the grown-up table at Thanksgiving. Basically, you're boring. I don't want that. I still want to be cool, well, as cool as I am now. I want to make my nieces and nephews laugh by chasing the car when they leave and doing elevator, escalator and stairs (think Austin Powers). I still want to be the cool Aunt.

Oops, gotta run. It's my nap time.

4 comments:

  1. You'll still be cool at 40. You're very funny and interesting, that won't change.
    I think turning 30 was harder for me than 40. Of course my circumstances were whacky. My 20s were hard. I married very young and had all 3 kids before I was 24. My 30s were hell. I divorced and spent 8 years as a single mom. I knew my 40s would be great! I had earned it! I met the man of my dreams at 38. I am more confident now than I was and I don't look nearly as good as I did lol.
    Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Laura you will ALWAYS be the Coolest of the Cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still watch Westerns on Saturday mornings. I still get little kid excited when the Red Sox win. I still eat Charleston Chews - frozen. I'm 60! You'll always be the cool Aunt and the one the fun doesn't start till you arrive. Have no fear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam went indoor skidiving over the Summer and loved it...Next time you come up we'll go again...One thing you can cross off your list:)

    ReplyDelete