Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's In A Name?


This is my sister. Her name is Ethel. Seriously. She's always been known as Essie in our family. You see, my mom and my grandmother were both named Ethel as well. I am SO glad that I wasn't born first in my family!

Today is her birthday. She's considerably older than I am. I won't tell you how old she is but I will tell you that I used to steal her clothes when she went to school. We were never in the same school together. She had to leave the house earlier than I did. That would give me a chance to rummage through her room to look for something cool to wear. I think my favorite things to borrow were her silk-like (polyester) blouses. I always felt so mature when I wore them. It was the 80's, what can I say.
Happy Birthday Esther!

1 comment: